Position: Regional Sales Manager - Canada
Reports to: Director of Sales, Americas
This position is responsible for the development and management of Channel Partners, Customers and Prospects in their Region. Regional Sales Managers manage multiple districts within a region, maintains complimentary and competitive market presence and works with Senior Leadership regarding strategies and execution as appropriate for their territory. In this role you will oversee all sales and distribution in your assigned territory and work to grow your market presence. Candidate must possess innate leadership qualities, excel in maintaining and onboarding clients and relationships, and have a true passion for sharing the benefits our product offering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the development of their region both with and without Channel Partner involvement.
- Executes sales strategies in their region and with their Channel Partners.
- Works closely with Vertical Market Managers to identify opportunities for growth.
- Performs competitive analysis and maintains a database of complementary and competitive products and Channel Partners.
- Establishes and maintains a healthy new project growth funnel to support regional, segment and product sales objectives.
- Monitors and reports on VOC performance metrics to maintain highest level of customer service.
- Develop value propositions and set target pricing accordingly.
- Engage with the industry throughout the value chain and identify trends and unmet needs.
- Drive new product development opportunities through market justified business plans.
- Identify gaps in our current capabilities and develop action plans to address them.
- Launch new products, gain early market acceptance, and accelerate penetration.
- Own the 4-Ps for marketing and determine appropriate targets for Sales.
- Identify, generate and capture more value from existing products in our portfolio.
- Define and refine key strategic customers and establish strong collaborative relationships.
- Conducts market research and identifies and tracks market trends.
- Produces competitive analysis materials comparing product with its key competitors.
- Identifies partnering opportunities for complementary third-party products to broaden company's market share.
- Maintains communications and contacts to collect and analyze technical, financial, schedule, and sales information for the region.
- Call and potentially visit prospects to generate sales pipeline for sales goals & metric.
- Generate weekly sales reports and submits them to management
- Collaborate with the management team to improve marketing materials and expand the company’s marketing presence in the territory.
- Attend industry trade shows to accumulate new leads and make productive contact with existing clients.
- Update client information in the company contact database.
- Stay on top of industry trends to identify potential opportunities for company growth.
- Manage contracts and processes, to ensure conditions and requirement are fulfilled.
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential, track sales and status reports.
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
Key Performance Metrics:
- Maximize the enterprise value. Exceed annual revenue and profit targets while positioning business for sustainable results in support of a 5-year strategic plan.
- Facilitate a culture of excellence.
- Maintain health and safety initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, engineering or a related field.
- Strong knowledge in the Industrial Power Industry.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of professional experience, including 3 years as a Regional Sales Manager.
- Commercial development acumen including value chain analysis, customer needs analysis, definition of value proposition, market positioning and a track record of success.
- Willingness and ability to travel 50+%.
- Highly competent in implementing strategies.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix organization and team environment.
- Solid working knowledge of budgeting, sales, business development, and strategic planning.
- Ability to generate respect and trust from staff and external constituencies.
- Proficiency with ERP, CRM, and MS Office software applications.
Position: Sales Engineer - Canada
ZOOK Canada Inc., a steadily growing manufacturing company located in Burlington ON and specializing in over-pressure safety equipment, is seeking a Sales Engineer with 2+ years' experience in technical sales or customer service. The Ideal candidate will be a high energy, result-oriented sales professional, who can provide timely support to our customers and customer service teams. Must be able to quote prospective applications quickly and efficiently to our direct sale customers, channel partners and our three ZOOK sales offices.
Duties and Responsibilities include :
- Develop a clear understanding of our products & services, features & benefits
- Identify current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements. Provides product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Interact with co-workers and clients to provide sales support including tracking of ongoing orders and shipments, expediting or checking on delivery status.
- Comply Provincial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; advising customer on product, service, or equipment adherence to requirements; advising customer on needed actions.
- Follow up with customers on incoming requests for quotes and sales leads
- Assess new project inquiries, carry out cost estimates as needed, and prepare quotations
- Perform sizing calculations to establish the needs of the customer and offer suitable solutions.
- Process orders and send order acknowledgments to customers.
- Investigate customer service-related issues in an efficient and professional manner and report to management.
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed
- Review sales orders for inaccuracies and monitor orders through to completion
- Maintain customer contact database, adding any new relevant information on customer accounts
- Coordinate with Manufacturing, Design, Quality and Shipping departments on daily basis, monitor status of open orders and communicate priority orders to the shop.
- Attend production, customer service, and sales meetings as required
- Perform ongoing assignments to assist the Sales department
- Technical Diploma or equivalent experience in industrial sales preferred
- The ideal candidate will be an individual with 2+ years of experience in a technical sales or technical customer service role.
- Energetic, outgoing personality, quick learner, flexible and detail-oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications, and able to interpret datasheets and drawings
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and multi-task
- Excellent customer service skills, requires a passion for customers and customer service, a true customer advocate
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong communication skills, written and oral
- Strong organizational and time-management skills required
- 8:00 am to 5 pm
- 2 weeks of paid vacation
- Benefits Program
- Bi-weekly pay (direct deposit)
- Salary - CAD $(50,000 – 55,000)
Location: Appleby and QEW area, Burlington, ON
If you have a strong desire to advance your career and are willing to work hard to achieve it, forward a copy of your resume, providing details of salary expectations to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for applying; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies or telephone calls please. The company is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).