RA8 - Reverse Acting Disk
The RA8 rupture disks (bursting discs) are designed to cover the majority of high pressure rupture disk (bursting disc) applications and are designed to be used in the RAH Pre-Torque holder.
- Scoreless design offers higher cycle life when compared to scored reverse acting disks
- Standard operating ratio of 90% of the marked rating on disk tag. May be extended to 95% of the minimum burst pressure. Contact ZOOK for operating ratio on pressures below 40 psig
- Certified for liquid, gas, or two-phase applications
- Standard manufacturing ranges of 0%, -5%, and -10% ensures marked rating on disk tag does not exceed the MAWP of equipment
- Wide range of standard and exotic materials available
- Withstands back pressure up to the positive set pressure of the disk
- Burst ratings from 26 psig (1.79 barg) to 1000 psig (68.97 barg)
- Resists product build-up. The smooth convex side of the disk is exposed to the process media
- Damage ratio of 1.0 or less
- Unique alignment pin design ensures proper disk orientation into RAH holder
- 3-dimensional stainless steel tag permanently engraved with complete disk specifications
- ASME UD, CE and TUV Compliance available
- TFE liners are available to provide protection from corrosive media.