ZOOK is committed to integrating sustainability into all aspects of the company.
Our Sustainability Initiatives Include
- Use recyclable materials for product packaging.
- Share with customers our concerns for environmental sustainability.
- Recycle paper and office waste.
- Asks vendors to reduce unnecessary packaging whenever possible.
- Emphasize sustainability, preservation, renovation and reuse as key elements in responsible development.
- Monitor and measure on a regular basis the short and long-term environmental impact of operations.
- Use energy-efficient fixtures where possible.
- Track and compare energy performance.
- Use energy efficient appliances: light bulbs, refrigerators and computers.
- Use windows that open for seasonal cooling.
- Use programmable thermostats and other controls to reduce heating and cooling costs in unoccupied guest rooms.
- Use nontoxic cleaning products when available.
- Limit or eliminate Styrofoam food and beverage containers.
- Use cloth towels and napkins.
- Minimize use of disposable items.
- Use paper products (brochures, etc.) made from recycled paper as much as possible.
- Avoid aerosols containing CFC or HCFC.
- Work with suppliers to ensure their products and services reflect our ethics.
- Work with other organizations to share information and techniques to protect the health and vitality of our natural resources and heritage.
- Implement state of the art drinking water purification system.